MAJOR GIFT FUNDRAISER
Responsible to: CEO
Location: 673 Bourke St, Melbourne
Work Type: Part time - 0.6 FTE
Salary: $55,715 p.a. pro rata plus super
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with passion, commitment and drive to make a big difference to the way Australia responds to climate change.
It is a perfect position for someone with the right qualities and commitment to build their skills in major donor fundraising. Previous experience preferred but training and mentorship are also provided.
It is currently for twelve months, with the possibility of being extended subject to further funding (that’s why we need YOU). The position is subject to a six months’ probation period.
About the Role
Please see position description.
Key Selection Criteria
- Passion for and commitment to Climate for Change’s mission and work
- Proven relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal) to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- People-centred attitude and work-style
- Comfortable working both independently and in teams, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others
- Ability to develop and maintain systems to effectively manage the donor caseload
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced working culture, including jumping on new opportunities as they arise
- Highly organised with exceptional time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience in fundraising and/or sales
- Experience with CRM practices, donor conversion and exposure to Nationbuilder
- Experience with not-for-profit or charitable organisations
- Experience with a climate-focused organisation or a strong understanding of the climate movement in Victoria
If you don’t have some of the skills and competencies listed above but you are willing to learn and are passionate about this role, please apply. We know that the best people sometimes have no formal experience but are quick learners. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a supportive work environment and will invest in professional development to enable you to build an excellent major gift program for Climate for Change.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Major Gift Fundraiser” and the following documents attached:
- a cover letter addressed to Katerina Gaita, CEO;
- a short CV; and
- a document addressing the key selection criteria in two dot-points each.
Applications close 11:59pm Wednesday 4th September 2019.
All written applications will be de-identified, and we encourage applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Description and Selection Criteria: Click here