We’re seeking two individuals who share our vision, values and with either of the following professional experiences to join our Board:
- Legal and Governance
- Fundraising, Philanthropy or Supporter Engagement
About the Board
The Board works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and plays a key role in the governance of the organisation, serving as the guardian of C4C’s mission and values while ensuring
compliance and effective risk management.
As a Board member you will be responsible for:
- Organisational adherence to C4C’s constitution
- Development of a strategy that aligns with C4C’s vision and values
- Maintaining compliance with relevant statutory laws and regulations
- Ensuring strong financial management of C4C’s finances
- Supporting C4C’s programs through direct involvement, fundraising and ambassadorship
- Providing the CEO and the broader team with support, guidance and feedback to ensure their professional and personal development
- Consistent attendance and active engagement at Board meetings
- Timely engagement with online communications
According to our rules, Board members are required to be financial members of C4C, membership fees are $48 per year.
- Passionate about tackling climate change and environmental sustainability
- Strives to work with humility and integrity
- Experience in non-profit governance or compliance (preferred but not essential)
- A willingness to go above and beyond
- A basic understanding of accounting and finance concepts
- Networks useful to the development and growth of C4C
About the Commitment
- A minimum 2 year term
- On average 8-10 hours per month, including meetings and important events
- Active participation on at least one of the Board’s 5 sub-committees (Fundraising, Governance etc)
About the Application Process
To express your interest in this position, please complete the following application form by 11:59pm on 20th September 2019: https://bit.ly/2KDEfmT
Although C4C is a Melbourne-based organisation, we will consider applications from around Australia.
If you are approved by the Board, your nomination will be put forward at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Sunday 17th November.
If you have any questions about this position or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.