Our 2020 crowdfunding campaign is now live and we are off with a bang!
Last night we ran our first ever Online-A-Thon, an online launch of our annual crowdfunding campaign - and WHAT a night it was!
To launch the campaign well, our target for the night was to raise $15,000… and we raised a staggering $50,000!! It was a truly spectacular event, full of joy, wholesome conversations, antics, laughs and, of course, climate action.
If you missed out, or if you want to relive the fun, you can watch it here.
This means that in the first 24 hours of our campaign we have now raised $82,000!! We are absolutely overwhelmed by your generosity. Thank you so much.
This early success was only possible because of everyone who was involved in the wonderful event. A huge thank you to:
- Our MC Judith Lucy
- Our speakers: Simon Toohey, Damon Gameau, Rebecca Huntley, Dr. Joelle Gergis, Sarah Wilson, Diana Nguyen and Will Connolly
- Our performers: Felix Riebl, Chela and Dr Hernández
- All our sponsors, in particular our major sponsors: Ethical Investment Services, Powershop Australia and Bank Australia
- All of the volunteers - there are truly too many of you to mention, and of course
- All of our generous donors
We are so grateful for and humbled by your support, and we are already excited about what this means for climate action in Australia!
This has set us up to absolutely smash our campaign target of $190,000 - as long as we keep up the momentum!
We have an ambitious plan to engage and inspire 40,000 people to act on climate change in the next three years, through our Climate Conversations.
Our Impact Report has recently shown us that these Conversations are incredibly powerful - so what we need now to make these plans a reality are funds.
We are confident that we can raise the $190,000 needed to commence these plans, but we need your help! Please support us and donate what you can.
We can’t wait to see what the rest of the campaign holds!