Watch tonight from 6pm live-streamed on:
We’re thrilled to invite you to our first ever Online-A-Thon event on 1st October, launching our 2020 crowdfunder campaign!
Register below to receive a viewing link!
We have bold plans for next year and beyond.
Over the past few years, we've pioneered a new way of helping everyday Australians understand and act on climate change.
Our results have been remarkable when compared to other "face to face" engagement models. But our recent Impact Report shows we could do even better - we've consistently had more demand to host Conversations and train as a Conversation Facilitator than we've been able to meet.
So we've come up with an ambitious plan to meet that demand.
Our goal is to deeply engage and activate 40,000 people to act on climate in the next three years!
Your support is key in enabling us to do that.
That’s why we would love you to tune in and support our crowdfunder campaign at the 2020 Online-A-Thon on Thursday evening, 1st October!
By joining and supporting our event, you will play a crucial part in launching our campaign with the momentum we need to reach our ambitious goal of $190,000.
You can expect a night of remarkable entertainment as Judith Lucy, a renowned comedian, actress and author, will be our host!
Our host Judith Lucy will be joined by incredibly inspiring speakers, including:
- Simon Toohey, Masterchef finalist and founder of Sustainable Earth Network who will cook live for us during the event,
- Rebecca Huntley, leading social change researcher,
- Damon Gameau, actor, director and producer for works including 2040 and That Sugar Film,
- Dr Joelle Gergis, award-winning climate scientist and lead author of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Sixth Assessment report,
- Sarah Wilson, best-selling author, journalist and TV presenter,
- Diana Nguyen, actor, comedian and creative entrepreneur,
- Felix Riebl, songwriter, composer and lead singer of Cat Empire, and
- Will Connolly (aka Egg Boy), who since famously protesting against Fraser Anning’s racist remarks about the Christchurch massacre, has gone on to raise funds and advocate for a range of important social justice and climate related causes.
We will also be joined by Chela, alternative-pop Australian/Filipino artist, and – for the fourth year in a row, back by popular demand! – Dr Hernandez, with their irresistible mix of electro cumbia, sweet reggae and old-school ska, with a shot of bugaloo.
Additionally, we have something special to announce: Judith Lucy, Simon Toohey, Sarah Wilson, Damon Gameau and Will Connolly (aka Egg Boy) have generously agreed to fundraise on the night, each offering to have a virtual coffee with one of their lucky donors!
All you need to do is donate $50 to the fundraising page of the guest you would like to have a virtual coffee with during the night to enter the raffle. If there's more than one guest you'd like to meet, you can enter more than once by donating multiple times!
We’re also excited to announce that financial advisers Ethical Investment Services, 100% carbon neutral energy provider Powershop, and customer owned B Corp certified Bank Australia will each donate $500 to get the night going.
If we reach our goal of $15,000 on the night, our three main sponsors will donate further $2000 each (a grand total of $6,000)!
While this is a free event, we hope you will help us launch our campaign with a bang by donating to and/or sharing it with your networks.
Donations on the night of $100 or more will be eligible for beautiful thank you gifts generously provided by our sponsors:
Register below and we will send you a viewing link a few days before the event!
We hope to see you there!