Poll after poll shows the vast majority of the Australian community want climate action urgently.
But many people who are concerned about climate change – people we all know, like friends, family and colleagues – are unsure how to speak up and take impactful, collective action on this issue.
You can change that through connecting with these people in your life. You can support them to take action to renew Australia with climate and nature solutions for a safe, healthy future.
How? Through the power of a simple conversation.
On Thursday 5 August at 7.30pm AEST, Climate Action Network Australia (CANA) partners are delighted to bring together passionate people – like yourself! – for Great Conversations: Engaging People in Climate Action.
Together we will strengthen our skills in having effective climate conversations that motivate people to take climate action.
On the night we will explore:
The why and who of climate action – hear the inside scoop from ACF’s Climate Change Program Manager Gavan McFadzean on:
- The key political opportunities we have to make 2021/22 a huge year for climate action
- Why people who are concerned about climate are so politically relevant, and important for us to motivate them to act.
- Federal election plans – movement partners Australian Parents for Climate Action, CANA Network Support Team, Climate for Change, Doctors for the Environment Australia and Australian Conservation Foundation will all share their plans for the federal election with you.
- 5 top tips for effective climate conversations – build your confidence and knowledge in having conversations through these handy frameworks with Climate for Change’s Partnership Manager Ajaya Haikerwal.
- Plus have time to connect with amazing community members from across the movement – and work together to identify which people in your life you will have conversations with this year
We can’t wait to see you there and work together on using our voices to motivate others to act.
This event is co-hosted by a team of Climate Action Network Australia (CANA) partners: Australian Parents 4 Climate Action, CANA Network Support Team, Climate for Change, Doctors for the Environment Australia, Australian Conservation Foundation.