Thank you for expressing your interest in hosting your own MP Engagement Group! Please enter your details below, and our MPEG Coordinator will be in touch soon to give you some more information and help you get your first meeting off the ground.
MPEGs exist because:
- Policies, technologies and practices already exist that, if taken up at scale and speed, could slow, stop or even reverse global warming. What we are missing is the social and political will needed to act. We need to tell our political leaders they must do what it takes to address climate change.
- The MPs we have spoken to have told us the more “noise” constituents make (as in emails, calls and visits) the more they take notice, so we’re helping people make a lot of noise.
- We’re privileged to live in a representative democracy - everyday people like us have the power to help shape this democracy when we actively engage as citizens. MPEGs are a way to enable this engagement - helping people to actively participate and demand climate action from our governments through citizen democracy.
For more information and to view our resources on engaging with your MP, please click here.
To find other MPEGs, please visit the MPEGs Venues page.
April's Topic: Informed Voting in the Climate Election
Reasons to come:
It will be Zey's last OFT, and for Melbourne, it will be held on her very last day in the office.
- I would love the opportunity to farewell you all in person and celebrate the vibrant, supportive and determined community I’ve had the pleasure to work alongside over the past three years.
- At OFT we also expect to announce (or in Melbourne, possibly introduce you to!) your new National Program Manager.
- We will be updating you on our post-election program plans.
You can also book into other upcoming OFT's here!WHENApril 18, 2019 at 6pmWHEREBasement Board Room, Donkey Wheel House
673 Bourke St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Google map and directions
- It will be Zey's last OFT, and for Melbourne, it will be held on her very last day in the office.
Zey Basarin donated 2018-05-25 20:14:51 +1000
We don't want to ticket our movie nights, however we do greatly appreciate a $5-10 contribution to cover catering costs!Donate
Thank you for your support!
Jess, Claudia & Alice
- Movie Night Coordinators
“I've been truly surprised by the lasting impact of my gathering amongst friends who were previously silent on the issue – we are still talking about it nine months on!” – Jarrod, host
Most Australians are concerned about climate change, but are confused and overwhelmed - they don't know how Australia should respond or what they personally can do.
Social research shows that we make sense of confusing information and decide what to do about it through conversations with people we know and trust.
So we've taken the party-plan model and adapted it to allow meaningful discussions about climate change to happen at scale.
We start with a host, who invites friends to their home. We send a trained facilitator to present information, answer questions and facilitate a discussion about climate change.
At the end of the discussion, we invite guests to join us in taking regular action. We also invite guests to host their own Conversation with their friends, so we can grow exponentially!
“I was pretty nervous to host ...But as soon as the night started ... it was really nice to see that everyone was impacted like I was even though climate change may not be a regular discussion amongst the people who came. I was also really excited that only one of the nine people I invited didn’t come. I feel re-inspired to act on climate change.”
– Carli, host
Hosts provide food and drinks for their guests; a trained facilitator does the rest. The ideal Conversation size is 8-12 people. (The minimum number of guests for a productive discussion is four.)
Sign up below to express your interest.
*Our Conversations have become popular and our facilitators are quite busy; we are currently facilitating a Conversation each night! If you'd like to host a Conversation soon, it might be worthwhile signing up to become a facilitator instead.Sign up
Thank you for expressing your interest in being a Climate for Change facilitator in Melbourne!
By signing up below, you are expressing your interest in becoming a Climate for Change volunteer facilitator. We will be in contact with you with all upcoming opportunities.Sign up