July Topic: Facilitation Skills
We are so lucky to have Groupwork's senior associate and AMAZING facilitator Steve Ray back for another OFT! Steve will provide an overview of facilitation principles and micro-skills before encouraging you to get beyond the 'techniques'. As an introduction to the renowned facilitating training offered by The Groupwork Centre, this promises to help you facilitate transformative conversations in a way that is authentic and responsive.
You can also book into other upcoming OFT's here!WHENJuly 16, 2020 at 6pmWHEREZoom Link
Google map and directions
More than 85% of our funding to date
has come from everyday people
who believe in what we do,
chipping in what they can, when they can.
Our work over the past four years would not have been possible without the generous support of...
NR Peace and Justice Foundation
...Our partnerships with...
...And in-kind support from...
Preparing to Mentor
1. Watch Mentor Training Video 1 (5 mins)
2. Take some time to record your goals on this form.
3. Watch Mentor Training Video 2 (15 mins)
4. What will your mentee be learning externally to you?
- Bigger Picture video
- Conversation videos
- How to Start a Movement video
- Annotated Conversation overview/notes
- New Facilitator Training Preparation
New Facilitator Training
- One 3-hour session covering Personal Narrative and Booking Conversations
- Training Resources
- (Your mentee should already be RSVP'd by the time you are matched)
First Facilitation pack
- OFT 'Conversation Discussion' video
- Donation Training video
- Facilitation skills handout
- C4C-tube link
- Facilitator Portal link
Mentor tools and resources:
- [coming soon!]
Below is a summary of the steps involved, for more detail please read the Mentor Guide.
'Get Start' phone call/catch up
- Book Conversation and Post-Conversation Debrief dates
- RSVP mentee to the next OFT
- Ensure they can access the Welcome Pack
- Invite the mentee to the facilitator Facebook group
- Log the date of this completed call using the right hand button:
Log the Call
Facilitate mentee's Conversation
Please refer to the Facilitator Portal for more details:
- Regular host preparation
- Prepare yourself to facilitate
- Regular Post-Conversation admin
Complete the Post-Conversation Debrief
Log the date of this completed call using the right hand button:
Log the Debrief
Check in on mentee's own host prep process
- Contact your mentee to check they have completed the Host guide with their first host
Assist with mentee's post-Conversation admin
Log the date of your First Facilitation Debrief using the right hand button:
Log the Debrief
Closing-off your mentee
- Complete the closing-off checklist in Workbook #3: First Facilitation Debrief with mentee
- Send your mentee the Get Start Feedback Form
- Complete your Mentor Reflection [add link]
Here you can have a look at your mentor's progress, including the data that you enter for the Get Start call, the Post-Facilitation Debrief and the First Facilitation Debrief (please allow 15 minutes for this to show).
Note: You will not be able to edit this table, except via the forms above.
- Welcome Pack
Serena Davies donated 2017-09-27 16:45:51 +1000
Thank you for choosing to become a member of Climate for Change.
This page will sign you up as a volunteer member. Volunteer membership is for people who have volunteered with Climate for Change for a total of twenty hours or more over any three month period in the last year.
Thank you again!
Serena Davies donated 2017-03-16 12:41:06 +1100
You can help inspire, engage and support more Australians to act on climate change and grow the climate movement by donating today.
While the support for climate action among Australians is at it’s all-time high, we still have a lot to do to harness the movement’s momentum to achieve urgent and meaningful action on climate change.
Your donation can help us create the social climate we need for effective climate action through deep, face-to-face conversations.
We are powered by thousands of people passionate about creating a safe climate - people like you. Whether it's $10, $100 or $1000, we appreciate your support immensely and wouldn't be able to continue growing the climate movement without you. Thank you.
You can also maximise your impact and donate monthly via this link.
Please note: donations are not tax-deductible.Donate
Your facilitator is:
Action Sign up:
Translate your concern about climate change into action that really makes a difference. Sign up here.
Donate to Climate for Change
We rely on support from people like you to keep running the Conversations Program. Please click below to help support us, or maximise your impact and become a regular donor.
Fill out the Post-Conversation survey:
Your feedback is essential. Doing this 5-minute survey will help your facilitator know how effective today’s Conversation was, and give you a chance to reflect.