PROGRAM AND EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT -
Employer: Climate for Change
Responsible to: Program Manager and Director
Location: 673 Bourke St, Melbourne
Work Type: Contract, Full time
Salary: $50,000 p.a. inclusive of super
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with passion, commitment and drive to make a big difference to the way Australia responds to climate change.
It is a perfect entry level position for someone looking to enter the not-for-profit and/or climate sector.
It is currently for six months, but with the possibility of being extended subject to further funding.
About the Role
Following the success of our pilot program, Climate for Change is looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and initiative to be a Program and Executive Assistant to support the growth of our organisation.
Over the past 18 months our volunteer facilitators have been running Conversations in homes all across Melbourne. We have plans to expand interstate early in 2018, so we need to be piloting this expansion here in Melbourne in the interim. With so much going on, we have reached the point as an organisation that we cannot continue without a dedicated administrative staff member, who can assist our Program Manager and Director with managing the many volunteers, files, data sets and projects we have ongoing.
In this position, you will administer Climate for Change’s Conversation Program; support organisational projects, meetings and events for staff and volunteers; and maintain, improve and develop administrative processes. You will possess excellent organisational and communication skills and a proactive, positive attitude.
*Experience as an Executive Assistant is preferred, but not essential.
- Coordinating expressions of interest to host a Conversation
- Managing the facilitator Google Drive resources
- Responding to incoming facilitator communications/queries
- Occasionally supporting facilitators with administrative difficulties
- Ad hoc projects to develop and improve the program
- Cross-checking Conversation data used in monthly reporting on program KPI’s to Director
- Administering the end-to-end Conversation registration process using NationBuilder and Google calendars
- Onboarding/offboarding facilitators, including managing Conversation materials and deposits
- Developing administrative processes relating to program projects
- Maintaining facilitator database using NationBuilder and Excel
- Administration of Climate-for-Change Facilitators Facebook group
- Organising monthly facilitator trainings and ad-hoc workshops (in collaboration with Program Manager), including event logistics
- Booking program meetings and coordinating volunteer attendance
- Developing, implementing and improving administrative processes relating to organisational projects
- Liaising with external stakeholders and booking meetings for the Director
Key Selection Criteria
- Passion for and commitment to Climate for Change’s mission and work
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced working culture
- Highly organised with exceptional time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Admin and database management skills
- Comfortable to develop and follow set processes
- Adept in the use of computers and related technology
- Experience with Google Suite and NationBuilder (preferred, but not essential)
- Previous relevant EA experience (preferred, but not essential)
If you don’t have some of the skills and competencies listed above but you are willing to learn and are passionate about this role, please apply. We know that the best people sometimes have no formal experience but are quick learners.
How to Apply:
We are undertaking a rolling recruitment process. Applicants will be considered as they apply and the position will be filled upon finding a suitable candidate.
Please email your application addressing the key selection criteria together with a short CV and cover letter to Zey Basarin (email@example.com) by Monday, 23rd October, 2017.